30. October 2019 - 20:00 till 23:00
English Teachers Meetup | Botafogo Praia Shopping | Wednesday, 30. October 2019
To all English teachers in Rio: I hear a lot of people telling me they go to meetups for networking or for business meetings. Then I thought: wow, I have absolutely no colleagues at all! Since I work for myself, I teach students in their homes or offices and therefore I have no one to talk to about my classes, about students' performances and how I could do a better job. Personally, I would love to have fellow teachers to discuss work-related questions such as methodology, teaching strategies, problems students encounter and how I can be of help, and so on. It'd also be great to make new friends and new connections! So what do you say we meet, say, once or twice a month and have a meeting in English? It would also be a way to practice our language skills.
A few ideas for debates are:
- What to say when someone asks us "so do you have a job now or are you still teaching?" or "Will you be doing this all your life?"
- What are my career goals?
- How to deal with the challenges of private lessons, such as same-day cancellations and late payments?
- How to help students with listening difficulties?
- What to do when students hit a plateau?
We could also share class material and exchange ideas.
Hope to hear from you soon!